- The Supreme Court and the American Elite, 1789-2008
Drawing on more than four decades of thinking about the Supreme Court and its role in the American political system, this book offers a new, clear, and troubling perspective on American jurisprudence, politics, and history.
- Courts, Law, and Politics in Comparative Perspective
This comprehensive book compares the intersection of political forces and legal practices in five industrial nations–the United States, England, France, Germany, and Japan.
- You Be the Judge
"This lively, original book is likely to be a milestone in America's ongoing fascination with the drama of trials and justice.
- Majority Rule Or Minority Will
This book examines the influence of precedent on the behavior of the US Supreme Court justices throughout the Court's history.
- The Documentary History of the Supreme Court of the United States …, Volume 6
Beginning with a narrative essay on the background of Article III of the Constitution, the volume tracks, from the First through the Sixth Congresses, all the major and minor legislation relevant to the establishment of the American …
- Le locazioni. Profili sostanziali e dinamiche processuali. Con CD-ROM
- Against Judicial Activism
Against Judicial Activism cites numerous cases to support this argument.
- The Warren Court and the Pursuit of Justice
The Hill and Wang Critical Issues Series: concise, affordable works on pivotal topics in American history, society, and politics.
- Judicial Independence
This study discusses the many different aspects of judicial independence in Israel.
- The Role of Domestic Courts in Treaty Enforcement
This title examines whether domestic courts in 12 countries actually provide remedies to private parties who are harmed by a violation of their treaty-based rights.